- B.S., University of Houston Downtown
- Texas Teaching Certification: Generalist EC-4
- Formation Towards Christian Ministry Catechist Certification
- Archdiocesan Catholic Exemplary Teacher (ACET)
- Sally Landram Excellence in Education Award 2021
After spending several years in the business world (her original degree is in accounting), Mrs. Sterner discovered her love for educating young children. She then spent four years teaching preschool at another church school. She came home to SFDS in 2002 as the first grade instructional aide. Then in 2009 she obtained her teaching certification and was one of the founding teachers when the SFDS preschool program expanded. Mrs. Sterner has been married to John since 1988. They have two incredible daughters, Laura and Jennifer. Both girls graduated from St. Francis de Sales, St. Agnes Academy and Texas A&M University. Mrs. Sterner’s hobbies are spending time with family and friends, playing with her two cats, and traveling. Mrs. Sterner absolutely cherishes the opportunity to teach children and share her faith. She loves SFDS and PRESCHOOLERS!